About the Department
The Department of Food and Nutrition was founded in 2013 as an under graduate general course through the affiliation of University of Calcutta. The object of food and nutrition degree course to enrich students with profound knowledge of food as well as nutrition with practical hands –on facilities. The department always active to provide impressive academic ambiance to help the students in learning the subjects so that they become good professional in this field in future globally. The department inculcates creative thought and ideas in the students. Here teaching goes beyond the curriculum to sow the seeds of social commitment in the future healthcare providers. The values are thought right from the days of starting first semester classes. So that our students be able to mark as worthy and responsible citizens.
- laboratories are well equipped with recourses required for conducting practical classes.
- Modern teaching methods allowing audio-visual method of teaching are being followed.
- The department holds seminars, poster competition wall magazine health camp form time to time.
- Students participate intercollege competition on nutrition
- The department actively participates in community based programmes
- The students are encouraged to participate in different academic activities within and outside the college.
- Parent teacher meeting is held on a regular basis.